Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve two categories of products for sale:
#1 CUSTOM, AMERICAN MADE SOLID WOOD FURNITURE
The first is solid hardwood custom furniture that we make locally in every region throughout the United States. The second category of products we sell is non custom furniture manufactured by our production partners. Each item on our store has its origin listed in its product description as made-to-order in the USA or imported from overseas.
#2 NON CUSTOM, IMPORTED FURNITURE
Delivery for imported, manufactured furniture by our production partners is FREE NATIONWIDE!
– No costly prime membership is required nor any bogus minimum order amount.
Delivery time varies based on the product but is typically 2-5 business days, but may be up to 4+ weeks for large freight items like couches. There are no refunds on any orders after 24 hours of purchase for any reason. If an order is lost, missing parts, or damaged we will work with the manufacturer to secure a free replacement(s).
What Happens After I Make a Custom Furniture Purchase?
Within two business days of purchase, Colby personally reaches out to you via email and text, collaborates with his team of furniture artisans, and creates a group text chat to introduce you directly to the artisan hand making your furniture.
- Hawkins Woodshop provides free and ongoing progress photos and updates for customer approval. We do free requested revisions prior to clear coating to guarantee your 100% satisfaction.
Where is Hawkins Woodshop?
Hawkins Woodshop is a certified online American furniture dealer. We’ve a team of vetted & experienced carpenters within 60 miles of most metropolitan areas who craft custom, solid hardwood furniture-to-order. We’ve no standing inventory or retail locations.
What is the turnaround time from purchase till delivery or pick-up?
- Turn around on average is 6-8 weeks but may be longer or shorter depending on your location and the current schedule in your region.
Can I Pick-Up or Have My Order Delivered?
- Yes, local pick-up is free and delivery is available; the delivery fee is paid at time of delivery directly to your carpenter, per the rates below:
< 20 miles from your HW Carpenter = $89.97
21-45 miles = $129.97
46-74 miles = $189.97
75-100 miles = $269.97
101-130 miles = $349.97
Please ask Colby prior or after purchase to provide the location of your nearest HW furniture artisan. Text 916-692-0554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you really craft each furniture order by hand?
Yes. Each built-to-order purchase is handmade in the USA by professional American tradesmen and women. We build to your specs, size, and style.
For example, you may choose a seamless tabletop (no crumb gaps) or go with a planked style look! Just let us know in the group text chat created by Colby after your purchase to ensure we meet all your unique needs.
- Rough-hewn top planks are hand-selected, planed, and smoothed with 80, 120, and 220 grit sandpaper to a smooth, natural texture.
- Our lumber is kiln dried, pre-conditioned by hand, and the color(s) of your choice is carefully and meticulously applied by hand.
- Three layers of water-and-scratch-resistant clear-coat is then hand-applied; you may choose the sheen in your group text chat with your carpenter: satin, semi-gloss, and gloss finishes are available.
- For more details, please see our Artisanry and Cosmetic Standards.
Don’t see the style, design, or furniture piece you need?
We love doing custom orders, please submit a custom furniture quote request here.
Returns & Cancellations
Given its hand made and hand-finished nature, variations and imperfections in solid, real-wood furniture are to be expected and celebrated. Each item is an original and no two pieces are exactly alike.
By their nature, wood planks may be somewhat uneven and may develop small cracks and cup or bow over time due to changes in temperature or humidity. We believe this only enhances the furniture’s rustic, unique character. For more details, please see our Artisanry and Cosmetic Standards.
Once a purchase is made there are no cancellations or refunds on built-to-order furniture. For details please see our cancellation, return, and refund policy here. Don’t fret, there are lots of reasons we have so many 5 star reviews from customers, see here, but perhaps the biggest reasons are we LOVE our customers, WORK until they are completely satisfied, & offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee at time of delivery or pick-up.